Ykafurniture respecting your privacy rights and maintaining the security of your data is a priority. We are dedicated to being transparent about the data we collect and how we use it. Ykafurniture are committed to the highest privacy standards. You can rest assured that we handle your personal data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our showrooms, factory, contact us by email, or online, provides detailed information on:
- when and why we collect your personal information,
- how we use it,
- the very limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others,
- how we store your personal data and keep it safe, and your legal rights relating to your personal data.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data means any information from which an individual can be directly or indirectly identified, such as your contact information, your order data or your product data.
2. PRINCIPLES FOR COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Ykafurniture adhere to the following general principles when processing your personal data:
• We will only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
• We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes.
• We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent.
• We will not transfer personal data to third parties, except as stated herein, or with prior consent.
• We will do our best to ensure that information is up to date and encourage you to verify your personal data periodically.
• We will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
• Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data longer than is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the data was collected or for which it is further processed, or as is required by law.
• Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
When you engage with Ykafurniture via various channels, including our website, visiting a showroom and customer services, we collect and process your personal data. The personal data we collect, and process can be categorized as follows:
Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, physical address (if provided), phone numbers (including mobile if provided), IP address, geo location and language.
Information about our products and services you have ordered or enquired about.
Your enquiry and purchase information, such as your personal details as specified above, order information, such as product range name and finish, design and product content, details of appointments and site visits, details of order processing information such as site survey reports, manufacture and delivery details including your delivery address (if different), your payment information, such as debit card or similar payment information.
Requests for customer support and warranty assistance containing your personal and order details as specified above. Information provided by telephone or other means maybe monitored, recorded and stored. This may include notes from our conversations with you, such as details of information provided, comments you make, feedback on your experience and details of any complaints.
4. HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Ykafurniture want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way for us to achieve this is by creating the best picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customer to provide you with the highest levels of service.
We use the information we collect about you to ensure we provide you with the best and most appropriate products and services and to fulfil our contractual obligations as follows:
to process your brochure and appointment requests,
to process your orders, complete supply chain purchases, ensure manufacture, delivery and fitting of purchased products, handle possible replacement items and returns.
to provide you with customer service, handle your requests or complaints and provide you with product warranty support.
With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your purchases to keep you informed by email, post and telephone through our sales support or customer services about relevant products and services including news, events, promotions and similar marketing content.
to develop and improve personnel, processes and systems, as well as the services and products we provide to you.
to comply with our contractual or legal obligations.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Ykafurniture know how important data security is to all our customers and we take all organisational, technical, and administrative steps to protect it. We use “https” technology to ensure our website and apps are secure. Ykafurniture are committed to regularly testing our security systems and software to identify possible vulnerabilities and ways in which it can be further strengthened.
6. WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR DATA
Your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member countries as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
If we are required to deliver or install products, or to perform services outside the EEA to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Ykafurniture will ensure that the transfer of your personal data to any third countries is done in accordance with valid law and that relevant legal and security safeguards are observed.
7. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Third parties when required by law, court order or a decision made by a competent public authority for the purposes of law enforcement.
Our group companies to ensure consistent level of service across our products and services, to enhance our products, services and your customer experience.
Trusted third parties carrying out services on our behalf such sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, product service support, shipping and purchase order fulfilment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
Third parties to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of Ykafurniture.
Other third parties subject to your consent.
When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purposes specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
8. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Ykafurnitute will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes for which is was collected. At the end of the retention period, your data will be anonymised, suppressed or securely deleted, unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes, which we have legal basis for.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (1) recognize your computer; (2) store your preferences and settings; (3) understand the web pages of Ykafurniture Group you have visited; (4) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness or content and advertising tailored to your interests (5) perform searches and analytics; and (6) assist with security and administrative functions.
Pixels are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and e-mail open rates; (2) measure popularity of the advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings on our websites or apps.
• Delivery service may vary depending on the product and the supplier, for further information on what to expect when the product is estimated to be delivered.
• When your order is ready to be delivered the delivery team will contact you to confirm a date for delivery to the address specified. Depending on the supplier, you should expect to hear from the furniture team two or five working days before the estimated delivery. The following procedures will apply:
• From your order day delivery comes from 6-8 weeks. (sometimes it can tooks from 2-4 weeks)
• It is your responsibility to ensure that the products ordered can be delivered and will fit into the property and that any entranceways, hallways, corridors etc are wide enough for the products to pass through and will fit in the required location.
• We shall have no liability to you in respect of any delay or failure to deliver a product due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) delay or failure caused by adverse weather, strikes or transport problems.
• You are responsible for checking the condition of the products delivered and must highlight any issues with the delivery team. Should there be any issues the delivery team will direct all queries at this stage to the manufacturer who will agree a means of resolving the issues that are presented at this time.
• Please ensure that you read and adhere to care instructions provided. Should you have any issues prior to or following delivery please contact us.
Cancellation & Returns
• Furniture purchased under a distance contract online can be returned in accordance with your rights under the Consumer Contracts (information Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCRs). Except for the items of furniture listed below in the Exclusions section, you can cancel your purchase and return the item if you inform us within 14 days from the date of delivery of goods. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the item. We offer a collection service under which a £75 charge will be made for the cost of collection of all furniture items.
• Items must be returned in their original packaging. Until the collection has taken place or the item has been returned to us, you will be required to keep the item in the same condition as it was in when delivered to you. We reserve the right to consider the condition of any item you return to us and make deductions to the refund paid to you on account of any use of the item or any damage to the product or packaging.
• Collections can take up to 21 days to be booked in to the carrier collection network. Your refund will be processed immediately upon receipt of the item back at our warehouse.
• Except as set out above, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on furniture items. However, the above requirements are subject to, and do not affect, your statutory rights, including in respect of faulty items.
We do not accept returns on mattresses or divan sets that have been removed from their original packaging. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Payment may be made by any method indicated on our website.
• You will be charged the current price for buying products from our website at the date you place your order. All prices are displayed on our website and are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We reserve the right to amend prices if there is a change in the rate of VAT All total prices for goods and services at the checkout represent the total price payable by the customer for those items. For delivery to the EU, this price includes VAT (or VAT equivalent) at the current rate. Although this price is the same for deliveries outside the EU, where VAT (or VAT equivalent) may not be applicable, customers are not entitled to any discount or refund to account for the differences in tax treatment and will pay the same price for the item as a customer placing an order for delivery to the EU. Other components of the total price at the checkout, including delivery charge, may vary for each customer.
• A delivery charge will be applied at checkout, please view our delivery charges.
• We do our best to make sure that prices are correctly shown but very occasionally an error may occur. If this should happen, we will correct the price and ask you to confirm whether you still wish to purchase the products at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. We will not accept an order if there s a pricing error.
We reserve the right to change our policy at any time in any event.